Francophone/bilingual tourism in Canada
The domestic and international Francophone tourism markets represent more than 274 million potential visitors to Canada and its provinces and territories. Millions of these potential visitors live in the United States or a few hours away by plane in Europe, specifically France, Belgium, Switzerland and Eastern Europe. At the same time, Canada has exceptional heritage, culture and tourism potential to attract these Francophone and Francophile visitors.
Le Corridor is an RDÉE Canada initiative.
National classification for Francophone and bilingual tourism
- Structure French-language and bilingual tourist services
- Meet market and client needs
- Make the destination and products more competitive
Our members’ projects
Drawing its inspiration from the major expedition by Samuel de Champlain in 1615-1616, the Champlain Tourism Route offers a range of cultural and tourism experiences and provides services in French or in both official languages.
Discover Rouleauville, Calgary’s historic French quarter, and its 14 sites through the BaladoDécouverte podcast tour.
Le Corridor is a collection of Canadian Francophone heritage, culture and tourism products that offer visitor services in French.
Discover and visit British Columbia in French: It’s possible with the explorer's pocket guide!
Canadian Francophone tourism outside Quebec: Economic value added!
Francophone tourism awareness kit
Tourism working group
The tourism working group has four main focuses:
- Research and expertise: updating and utilizing statistics on and economic benefits from Francophone tourism in Canada
- Development: supporting Le Corridor and deploying the national classification of French-language services
- Marketing: attending tourism fairs and promoting Francophone tourism in Canada
- Development and enhancement of partnerships: promoting tourism and Le Corridor to OLMCs and other partners